Traditional Steel Garage Doors
Quality steel Garage Doors
Steel Garage door style and performance at an affordable price.
The durability and affordability of these garage doors is unmatched. With a wide range of styles to choose from, you can find something that will match the feel for your home while bringing an elegant look and clean lines. Customize the entire look, windows, and hardware to accommodate the style of your house.
A steel garage door offers more than just strength: its ability to withstand weathering over long periods make it ideal and affordable. Durability brings low maintenance costs over the lifetime of the door, making steel garage doors one of the most cost-effective options.
Affordable Garage Door Designs
Panel Design options
Our steel garage door panel style’s are perfectly suited to go with all home types and designs. Whether traditional, carriage house, or modern, mix and match these panel styles and windows with finish and color options to build the ideal steel garage door for you.
Vertical Short Panel
Need A Free Estimate?
Our experienced sales and design team can help you find the perfect product and get you pricing your steel garage door project. Start your project today!
Finish and Color Options
Customize the look of your door with options for finish, color, and windows. Always request a color sample for accurate color matching before ordering your garage door. Custom painting options are also available, as well as instructions on how to paint your own door.
textured Wood Grain Finishes
Design Your Own Garage Door
Explore the wide range of steel garage door designs that are available using our garage door designer app. Customize the windows, garage door materials, finishes, panels, and more. You can even upload a photo of your house so you can see just how great it’ll look on your own home!
Our garage door design consultants can also help you with the design process and put together a free quote for you. Connect with us today!
Glass Windows Options
Clear (Standard) Windows
See Every Option & Model
Download our free brochure and find out about all the possible garage door design options, including each panel, finish, color, hardware, wood pattern, and more.
Or visit Overhead Door™ Brand for more information.
Most Frequently Asked Questions About Steel Doors
Steel garage doors are the most durable, energy-efficient, and cost-effective option. Steel garage doors are less expensive than other types of garage doors and come in a variety of designs and hues to improve the curb appeal of your property. Steel garage doors from Overhead Door Company in Puget Sound are pre-painted in various colors to give homeowners peace of mind about the durability of their new garage doors. Steel is also more durable than aluminum, making it a better choice for constant use.
Steel garage doors are perfect for commercial and residential applications because they are robust, long-lasting, cost-effective, and energy-efficient. They are heavy-duty but still easy to open manually or with a garage door opener. They also come in various designs and colors to suit your personal preferences and home’s aesthetics. Insulated steel doors offer greater energy efficiency do to the higher r-value, similar to what you find in high r-value fiberglass insulation for your home. Choose from modern designs, traditional, carriage house, windows, glass, and more.
Pre-finished steel garage doors are an excellent choice for residential properties because they offer homeowners a wide selection of design choices. Modern garage doors, steel insulated doors, carriage house doors, and traditional metal garage doors can all be found pre-finished with the Overhead Door Company of Puget Sound.
Connect with us today and get started on your new garage door project.
Washing with soap and water is usually sufficient for most areas, but where salt or sand are abundant, consider using an emulsifying cleaner to break down the grime safely.
Follow these cleaning instructions for your pre-finished steel garage door:
- You may clean the door with a mild detergent solution made of one cup detergent (with less than 0.5 percent phosphate) dissolved in five gallons of warm water, which will aid in the removal of most dirt.
- Weatherstrips are great for keeping the weather out of your garage, but dirt, grime, and debris can accumulate there over time. Clean any dust or debris from around and behind the weatherstrips on both sides and top of the door.
- Use your hands to feel and remove any caked-on particles that have set in over some time.
- Use a soft, microfiber, grit-free cloth, sponge, or chamois to wipe the surface clean to prevent scratching.
- After cleaning and wiping the surface, dry the steel garage door with a clean damp chamois to keep spots from showing.
There are several cleaning practices and chemicals that will damage your pre-finished steel garage doors. Avoid the following when cleaning your steel garage doors:
- Never use a pressure washer on a pre-finished steel garage door!
- Never use detergents that contain more than 0.5 percent phosphate because they will cause a chemical reaction on your door’s finish, which may result in damage.
- Never use steel wool or other abrasive materials that might scratch the surface and acrylic glazing of a new garage door or your garage door materials.
- Never use chlorine bleach as it can cause excessive oxidation of the steel and discolor it permanently.
- Never allow any acid-based cleaners to remain on the garage doors.
- Never, under any circumstances, should you use window cleaning chemicals, abrasive cleansers, gritty towels, or solvent-based cleaners. Use the appropriate window cleaner for your glass and windows without spraying or dripping on your steel door panels.
If you ever have any questions about the maintenance and cleaning of garage doors, windows, glass, or hardware, contact our team for advice and consultation. We are your local experts for everything regarding replacing and repairing garage doors in the greater Seattle, WA area.